Monday, February 11, 2013

DIY Spice Rack.


While my daughter was here recently she commented on my messy pantry. I went on to tell her that my pantry was fine and I knew where everything was. So she did the unspeakable and asked me where the onion powder was and I couldn't find it. Point taken. Here is my step by step on how I made my pantry spices easy to find. First I went to Home Depot and found a 10 inch by 24 inch piece of steel.


Then I went to Hobby Lobby and found a frame 10 inch by 24 inch at 50% off.


A package of mounting pins from Hobby Lobby.

 I put my new spice board together in less than ten minutes. It was so easy.


My daughter and I made a trip to World Market where we found these great tins on sale for $1.50 each. They have a magnetic disk on the bottom. I went with colors tins to make it easier to find what I need. Red for hot or Mexican spices, green for dill weed, parsley, etc.


I have to say this was a fun project and my pantry got a thorough cleaning to go with my pretty new spice station.




Hopefully my next project will be this fun!

Until next time, happy crafting!

 Zabrina

1 comment:

  1. In addition to developing small and large cardamom, the Spices Board also promotes, develops, regulates the export of spices, and ensures that the quality of spices is maintained. It is also the responsibility of the Spices Board to conduct research and development activities on cardamom (small & large) as part of the Indian Cardamom Research Institute.

    ReplyDelete